Call for Sessions Download as PDF
Related to our overarching conference theme "Sustainable & Resilient Urban-Rural Partnerships" conceptually as well as empirically enriched submissions are welcomed.
During session submission, proposers are required to describe their session content background, aim and relate it to one conference topic listed below:
1) Supporting equity in living conditions while accepting local particularities
2) Establishing multi-level, multi-actor, spatially sensitive governance approaches to mediate conflicting positions, trade-offs, dilemmas or paradoxes
3) Improving integrated land-use management, social and technological infrastructures and mobility services
4) Designing new sociotechnical approaches towards robust regional systems coping with climate change, extreme events, disruptive changes and uncertainties
5) Building regional circular economies, enhancing resource efficiency based on a better understanding of the urban-rural metabolism
6) Digitalization strategies as a catalyst and enabler of innovative development strategies
URP2020 is seeking effective and exciting session formats. To foster exchanges between scientists and stakeholders from practice and politics, we encourage both classical and non-conventional formats of sessions and workshops.
During session submission, proposers are required to describe their session format. Assume a standard session length of 90 minutes. Potential formats are listed below for inspiration – the proposals can, but need not to be in line with one of these.
Present and discuss
Posters and digital media presentations
World-Café or split discussion stations
Hands-on workshop / Meet the expert